By Natalie Anne ❤
This is probably the tastiest dish I have ever made, and I want to eat it over and over and over again.So you should make it and love it too.
I used the following ingredients from my Japan and Thailand Try the World boxes:
The recipe was adapted from Table for Two (serves 3-4):
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup of water
- 1-2 tablespoons honey (I like it a little sweet!)
- 1 tablespoon of (dark) brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/2 red onion
- 1 large boneless, skinless chicken breast or chicken strips cut into pieces
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 egg (optional)
- chopped cilantro
- 2 Seaweed sheets
- Boil the Soba noodles in lightly salted water for 5-6 minutes (I used the 9.5 OZ package of noodles) and drain.
- Mix the following sauce ingredients all together in a bowl and set aside.
- In a pan over medium heat add 3 cloves of minced garlic, chopped red onion, and a tablespoon of coconut oil. (Optional additions: carrots and mushrooms)
- After simmering for 5 minutes, I scrambled in an egg to the mixture for two minutes and then added the chopped chicken. Cook until the chicken is completely cooked through.
- Add the sauce mixture over everything, stir well and simmer for 4-5 minutes.
- Toss the Soba noodles and shredded seaweed with everything.
- Top with cilantro leaves (maybe even bean sprouts and/or peanuts) and enjoy!