By Natalie Anne ❤
Chia seeds are high in fiber, protein, calcium, antioxidants, and so much more. They are amazingly delicious and are the spotlight of my new favorite breakfast/dessert. When soaked in almond milk (or any type of milk/liquid) for just 30 minutes Chia seeds expand to create a natural pudding consistency to which you can add honey, brown sugar, and fruit (like pomegranate seeds, strawberries, raspberries etc.). Lately, I’ve been getting the Chai Chia Pot with Pomegranate Seeds from Pret a Manger once a week for a delightful breakfast, until I decided to buy the ingredients and make my own homemade batch of Chia seed pudding this past weekend.
I adapted it from a recipe I found on Pinterest
I tripled the original recipe to make sure I had plenty of leftovers for the next several days and I also added fruit, brown sugar and honey:
Ingredients for the pudding (4 servings):
- 3/4 cup of almond milk (I used vanilla flavored almond milk)
- 1 can of coconut milk
- 6 tablespoons of chia seeds
Additional Flavors and Sweetening:
- Try the World’s Elderflower Saft Syrup from Sweden
- Trader Joe’s Turkish Honey
- Light Brown Sugar
- I have a large Mason Jar Cocktail Mixer from Williams-Sonoma that I combined the almond milk, coconut milk, and Chia seeds into. I also added a tablespoon of honey and a tablespoon of the Elderflower Syrup into the jar before putting the lid on it and shaking it for a minute.
- Let the mixture sit in the fridge for thirty minutes (or longer)
- When the mixture has become solid (similar to a tapioca consistency) mix about 1/2-1 tablespoon of brown sugar into each serving and top with whatever fruits you desire. The brown sugar is highly recommended though and really transforms the flavoring!