I am more than eager for fall and cannot wait to go to a pumpkin patch. So while I wait, I figured I would make an “end of the summer, can’t wait for fall” frittata that feels both summer-y and fall-ready. I used three different recipes for inspiration while also trying to use up ingredients that I already had in my kitchen.
This recipe incorporates some of my favorite things and while I made a smaller serving that feeds two to three people, it could easily be adapted to accommodate more servings if you had a group of friends over for brunch or made it for your family.
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 Cup of Mozzarella Cheese
- 1/4 Cup of Parmesan cheese or Italian cheese blend
- 1 medium-sized yellow squash or zucchini diced
- 2 cloves of chopped garlic
- 1/2 Cup of Coconut Milk (or half & half)
- 1 Tablespoon of Pesto or more if you like! (I used 365 Basil Pesto)
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 2 teaspoons of Italian Seasoning (including but not limited to: basil, thyme, rosemary, oregano)
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Preheat oven to 375 and butter a 10×10 Casserole Dish.
- On a skillet over medium heat, sauté the squash and garlic tossed in olive oil. Add salt and pepper to taste. Sauté until tender and sizzling – about 4-5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Whisk together all six eggs and coconut milk until fully mixed. Add in the cheeses, pesto, and seasoning with a dash of salt and pepper.
- Next, combine the squash and garlic into the egg mixture. Then pour everything into the casserole dish.
- Cover with lid and place in the oven for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove, let sit for a few minutes, then enjoy!
- Pro-Tip- I broiled slices of baguette with olive oil and pesto as an accompaniment.